Mobile Veterinarians & House Calls
Pet Loss At Home is a respected and growing national network of compassionate mobile veterinarians dedicated to private pet euthanasia in the comfort of home. Euthanasia is a valuable opportunity to give our cherished pet relief from terrible pain and suffering. Our sensitive mobile veterinarians place a high priority on being available and responsive when you need us.
Click on the colorful map (upper right) to view current house call service areas, mobile veterinarian email addresses, and local pet loss grief support info. Green states have service now. Purple states are coming soon.
Availability We Strive For:
- Seven Days A Week
- Within 1 to 3 Hours Notice
- Daytime, Evenings, Weekends, Sundays, and Holidays
- Same Day Home Visits
We Can Help You Get Through This Difficult Time:
- Consultations: Call (877) 219-4811 or email so we may help you with the agonizing conflict about what is the best thing to do in your situation. You may also find the following information helpful: “Euthanasia Guidebook for Pet Owners” or read our blog articles.
- Compassionate Veterinarians: We partner with gentle mobile veterinarians who have a heartfelt understanding and sensitivity for supporting people through the euthanasia of their beloved pet.
- Plan a Peaceful Setting: The privacy and comfort of your own home or yard may be the best location. If you choose to gather at a meaningful park or beach setting, we can meet you there. Consider playing relaxing music, lighting the room with candles, or reading a poem or prayer. You may lay out blankets, pillows, photos, or special pet toys. Think about arranging for out-of-town family to Skype-in or FaceTime from your home computer if they wish to be present but are unable to travel.
- Most Comfortable: We perform the most gentle animal euthanasia technique available. Click here to learn more about how euthanasia works.
- Equipped To Handle Cremation Transport For You In Our Softly Padded Vehicle: We can bring your pet’s body with us and arrange cremation for you. We can also stay to assist with lifting out to your home burial site. We carry several different sized stretchers and baskets and move the body gently and gracefully. Please set aside two large dry towels and a blanket or bed sheet to aid transport. We work alone and do need help lifting heavy dogs. One other person is enough usually. 3-4 people are needed for giant breeds.
- Optional Pet Urns: One of our favorite sources for pet urns is www.BestFriendServices.com.
- Grief Support: Take steps to move through your grief by utilizing our list of pet loss counselors, support groups, therapy CD’s, books & websites. Visit our Pet Loss Grief Support page and Local Pet Loss Resources.
- Post Your Tribute: Add to our Facebook Page dedicated to tributes, testimonials, and comments.
Visit our Facebook Page (www.Facebook.com/PetLossAtHome)