- Dr. Barb Karner, Dr. Dave Sherer, and Dr. Mary Ann Bender are typically available 7 days/week
- Private Home Euthanasia with Relaxing Sedation $300
- Clay Paw Print & Fur Clipping Free
- Body Transport, Cremation, Nothing Saved $100-$150
- Body Transport, Cremation, Ashes Saved $300-$350
Call Pet Loss At Home Pittsburgh (877) 219-4811
- Our smart 800# immediately connects you with our most available mobile veterinarian in your local area
- Have your 5 digit postal mailing zip code ready (for example 15237)
Email Pet Loss At Home Pittsburgh
“I can not thank you enough for the valuable service you provide. Dr. Karner came to my home within an hour. She euthanized my 17 year old chihuahua in my dog’s own home surrounded by all her favorite sounds and smells. I have recommended your services to several people that are facing the same situation. Dr. Karner deserves a raise! She was wonderful!”
“Dr. Karner came to our home on short notice to help us send our beautiful 15 year old boy Buddy to the rainbow bridge. Her compassion for our situation was wonderful. With such a hard decision to make, we were so glad that someone like Dr. Karner was here with us. The mementos she left us with in giving us his lock of fur and his beautiful paw print will always be cherished! The card she send a few days later touched our hearts. Thank you so much Dr.Karner for your compassion during the toughest decision we had to make. I will recommend to anyone who has to make this dreadful decision.”
“When my husband and I finally had to make that ultimate decision yesterday to spare our precious Oreo any more pain, God sent us to your site. Oreo never liked leaving home and traveling to the vet was very traumatic for him. Dr. Dave Sherer was so compassionate and made Oreo’s journey stress free for him. Being able to hold him in a place that he is so familiar and hear our comforting words beside his ear made his journey stress free and comforting for us at the same time. We did not feel rushed at any time and Dr. Sherer explained the process and what to expect throughout his passing. We feel so blessed that we could do this for our Oreo. I can only say that for any individuals having to make this decision; never hesitate to use the in-home transition provided by this group.”
How To Prepare For A Home Visit With Pet Loss At Home:
- A home visit usually lasts 60 minutes. Please set aside a few helpful items that the mobile vet can keep: two large bath towels that can get peed on and a blanket or bed sheet to be used as a respectful wrap/cover.
- The goodbye setting can involve friends, family, neighbors, Skype, FaceTime, other pets, candles, quiet music, dim lighting, flowers, photos, telling stories, sharing fond memories, kleenex and towels/soft blankets/pillows. Most home visits take place inside the home on the floor, couch, or bed or in the yard on blankets. We can meet at a beach or park as well.
- The process is started with a tiny injection of relaxing sedative that most pets accept extremely well. Most pets hold still for this administration, some squirm a little, some vocalize from the pressure of liquid going under the skin. A food distraction can work very well here for some dogs and even cats (milk, tuna). If you are worried about your pet’s sensitive personality, chronic pain overload or unstable medical condition, we can discuss that.
- Once your pet is comfortably and peacefully under anesthesia, then a back leg vein is used to do the final overdose. You and your family can be by your pet’s head.
- You can keep your pet’s body or the vet can arrange for cremation service. The vet’s vehicle has a large padded bed in the back and comes equipped with a stretcher (the vet needs help lifting). There are two options for cremation: group/communal/no ashes saved OR private/individual/yes ashes saved/returned to you. Return usually takes 1-2 weeks. Rush cremation/return can be arranged. You can also attend/view the cremation.
- A clay paw print (or several) can be made for you at the home visit and fur clipping saved in a paw print fabric drawstring bag. Those keepsakes are free and optional.
- Cash or check (made out to the mobile vet’s name) are preferred. Credit card available with free processing.
Peg Zwahlen: 10 mile radius of Monroeville, PA www.monroevillepetsitter.com